Los Angeles aka "NYC of the West"




Too often I fall in love with a location. It's the food, the fashion, and the feeling of walking through the streets that capture a feeling of enlightenment. Rather than the temporary infatuation that typically takes hold, with LA, I could actually see myself there.


When I wasn't in our office (on the 22nd floor of a high-rise with amazing 360 views of the city - like please) I was trying to experience as much of the city as humanly possible. The Broad (designed by DS+R) and the Walt Disney Concert Hall (designed by Frank Gehry) were my first stops after work the day of my arrival. Both encapsulate a certain elegance in their outwards appearance and circulate people around in ways that reveal hidden views. 





The highlight of the trip was most likely an amazing dinner at Manuela's. The meat served was probably the most tender, and perfectly cooked in my entire life - and the head chef gave us a dish on the house which I'm still drooling about. I landed back in Seattle with two new bandanas (it's a new trend I've seen that I love), a craving for granola (from the amazing bowl I had at G&B), and a sunburnt forehead (from walking around Santa Monica all day.) 

Since I missed out on going to so many museums -LACMA, 14th & Factory, and Hauser Wirth & Shimmel- as well as food recommendations from new friends it's inevitable that I'll be going back sooner rather than later. Next time I'll wear sunscreen. 











© An Integral Design. Design by Fearne.