Au Revoir New York, Hello Seattle



There's always been a part of me that refused to give up Seattle. When I first moved to New York I was comparing the East Coast to the West Coast, only because I had nothing else to compare it to. But over the course of the past 5 years, what once was an inquiry has turned into a scrutinization and I refused to give up on the West. I've visited a large portion of the U.S., fallen temporarily in love with places, with friends strewn across said places,  but my heart belongs to the Pacific Northwest. (I could have unsubscribed from emails showing me deals in Seattle years ago but I didn't.) So today, when I got a notification for a food festival happening it hit me; my stubbornness paid off because in 3 short months I actually do move back.



Only a couple of weeks into 2016 I started the post-graduation job hunt. Only a couple of weeks after that I had a couple of interviews. Only a couple of weeks after that I had a job offer.

I took it.

Come July I'll be working as an architect at an awesome firm that has been named the top firm in the country in 2012, and builds more schools than any other firm in the U.S. That top image? Yeah, that's the view from the office. Below is a kick-ass school they did in California.


(Both images owned by DLR Group)

Needless to say, I'm thrilled to be a part of an amazing company doing great work in a city that I love. I've worked incessantly on getting a point where I could be in this kind of a position, which has left me physically and mentally exhausted after 5 years of architecture school.
© An Integral Design. Design by Fearne.