#bfgtco





When I started blogging, 4 years ago, it wasn't even my idea. It was a collaborative blog with a friend who was using it as her senior project and I was just along for the ride. Well, after 9 months she jumped ship and I wanted to keep it going - but in terms of content I was lost. I was lucky enough to have a family member who blogged (Amy) so I followed her lead and was introduced into the world of bloggers like I'd never seen it. In order to find my voice, I looked to others for inspiration - and those people are now some of my closest friends.

For the previous two summers, my highlight have been spending a week with a group of unique individuals who all have a common interest; blogging. From Seattle, WA. to Austin, TX. we have explored new areas, eaten great food, and scoped out all of the crafty stores in walking distance. We've run through fountains, and adventured through schlitterbahn, napped in parks and been to comedy clubs. However, the best part of this is the fact that we really are so different - an artist from England, a future scientist from Pennsylvania, a speech pathologist from Oklahoma, and an architect from Washington. We've got sociologists, English majors, and a copyright editor.  But for some strange reason it just works. We've become so invested in each others lives that the best part of each time we see each other is just... the conversation. It can be silly or serious, and covers the broadest range of topics you could imagine.

Guys, this thing we have is one of a kind.

Which is why I was so lucky that somehow, for whatever reason Maggie, Shelby and I were able to come together for a mini-meetup of our own in my current location: Colorado. We brunched, shopped, explored and talked.

And that's all it needed to be, making that weekend the highlight of my summer.
Natalie said...

DILLON STOP MAKING ME SO EMOTIONAL OH MY GOSH I WANT TO CRY

I miss you and we are definitely getting getting together once school starts if either of us happen to acquire free time.

Maggie Shirley said...

UGH DILLON. I miss you.

© An Integral Design. Design by Fearne.